Expressions of Interest for the 2021 Moreton Powering Grants Program are now open.
The Powering Communities Program aims to assist community organisations improve their energy efficiency practices and lower their energy bills.
Our electorate has total funding of up to $67,700 available to fund small projects. A maximum of 12 projects will be funded in each electorate.
- The minimum grant amount is $5,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $12,000.
Not-for-profit community organisations must be invited to apply by their local Federal Member.
Your organisation needs to be not-for-profit, and it needs to have an ABN.
Educational facilities such as primary, secondary schools, tertiary (universities, colleges,
TAFE) and/or related entity such as P&C association are not eligible to apply.
Grants can be between $5,000 and $12,000 and can cover costs such as:
- upgrade equipment to reduce energy consumption
- undertake energy management activities and assessments, such as energy systems assessments and feasibility studies
- invest in energy monitoring and management systems
- invest in on-site renewable energy and solar-connected batteries.
The grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project expenditure.
You must fund any expenditure over the grant amount you are awarded.
You should complete your project by 30 June 2022.
Expressions of Interest close on Friday 2 July 2021.
The first stage of this grant process is expression of interest only.
All successful applicants will be contacted with next steps, you will also be advised if your application has not been successful.
(Expression of Interest form below)
More information and a comprehensive list of eligible projects can be found here.